Wednesday, December 9, 2015

13 Totally Subjective but Definitely True Facts about the Lord of the Rings Soundtrack


  1. Howard Shore composed the whole thing for both the Lord of the Rings proper and the Hobbit movies.
  2. Howard Shore is a freaking boss.
  3. The soundtrack is the only good thing about the Hobbit movies (well, that and the scene between Bilbo and Gollum. BUT THAT'S IT)
  4. "The Bridge of Khazad-Dum" is an excellent track for running because it makes you feel like you're being chased by a Balrog.
  5. Don't EVER set "A Knife in the Dark" as your alarm unless you want to wake up with a scare approximately equivalent to chugging a gallon of energy drinks.
  6. "Breaking of the Fellowship" is the easiest way to make an LoTR fan cry.
  7. Yes, you can read the books to this soundtrack and it might actually make them better.
  8. HOWARD FREAKING SHORE.
  9. Don't study to these. Or do study to them. I don't know. Sometimes they're great and motivating, and sometimes I get caught up in the beauty of it all and ten minutes later I realize I've been staring at the same page, reading the same paragraph, digesting none of it.
  10. When my boss wanted background music (a last minute request) for one of his business presentations during the audience participation bit, I may or may not have played a couple of the lesser known LoTR songs.
  11. "Concerning Hobbits" really is the most fun to play on the violin.
  12. When the orchestra stops suddenly and the lone violin floats over the top in the middle of "A Storm is Coming" I get goosebumps every time.
  13. This completes the perfect trifecta: Lord of the Rings is my favorite book series. Lord of the Rings (EXCLUDING THE HOBBIT) is my favorite movie series. Lord of the Rings is my favorite music.


Best wishes,
Nicole Pendragon


2 comments:

  1. YES to every. single. point.

    Except maybe #3 - I thought you enjoyed the following scene to the point of tears?

    Tauriel: If this is love, I don't want it. Take it away, please! Why does it hurt so much?
    Thranduil: Because it was real.

    HAHA you know you love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete