Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Commission




Go speak to a people who may not listen and tell them a truth they do not want to hear. It may be the toughest of tasks, but it is not wholly without instruction. "Behold, I send ye forth as sheep amidst wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents and harmless as doves." Matthew 10:16

Hello, dearest reader. I am Nicole, though it is not my name. Perhaps you know me, perhaps you are only a future version of me. At any rate, welcome to my creed.

I strive for masterful communication. Imploring one to use the shrewdness of a serpent (or a dragon) and the gentleness of a dove, the Bible verse above teaches the reader how to convey a difficult message to closed ears. What power, indeed, would such a skill render its wielder. For this reason, I have elected to name this exploration of communication Doves and Dragons, hoping that through its exploits I might chase that mastery.

Join me, if you wish, along this journey! Or, if it suits you, do otherwise. Either way I hope you will be blessed.

Best wishes,
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment