Thursday, February 11, 2016

Midweek Crisis

It's Thursday and I miss church.

I miss worshiping among a group of Christians.

I miss hearing the word of the Lord spoken by one of his ministers, surrounded by people who also hang on His grace.

I miss that environment. Christian fellowship becomes such an important part of growing in the faith, and when I'm not in an environment that prioritizes Him, I miss it. In some sense everyone, even we introverted types ('though we'll never admit it), are all "people" persons. We all to some degree find connection with like-minded individuals (the benefits of healthy debate notwithstanding) edifying.

I'm so grateful that the Author, Renewer, and Finisher of our faith built in such a beautiful component of human life into the process of life as a Christian.

Right now, I'm missing it.

Best wishes,
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment